Friday, December 28, 2012

Lynda in the City



This is Lynda, an aspiring model whom I had the pleasure of photographing, recently.

I go into shoots with goals. Posing was at the top of my goals list on this day. It can be the single biggest difference between a flattering and unflattering photograph, in my view. A bend of the front knee, a chin forward and down (with thanks to Sue Bryce), and a hand placed around the hip instead of smack against one's side, can elongate, slim, and make anyone look significantly better. Who doesn't want to look good in front of the camera?

The everyday person usually does not know how to pose or look flattering in front of the camera; nor should they. It's not their job. It's my job, and I love it. It's my mission to make everyone who steps in front of my camera look and feel like a model.

Here is a sampling from Lynda.







www.facebook.com/abartistry
www.allanburch.com

No comments: